Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's been a while since I updated my blog. I've been busy piecing a nine-patch quilt made of
1 1/2 in. squares. Well, I've got to use up lots and lots of little scraps. I am Carol Scrapquilter after all, and I have to live up to my name!

I did finish a project! Yay for me! The red and white square-in-a-square quilt has been machine quilted and already given away as a gift to my son and his new wife! I hope they snuggle under this quilt for many, many years!

I'm lucky to have fabric donors in my life! Thanks SO MUCH to my friend Mona, who thinks of me when she cleans out her fabric stash! And my son-in-law's grandmother, MawMaw Hicks, who knows I hate to see the tiniest piece of fabric wasted...she sends me ziplock bags packed with tiny scraps. I'm putting them to good use, MawMaw!

I cleaned and organized by sewing room. I took "before" pictures but forgot to take "after" pictures. By the time I thought about it, my sewing room was a disorganized mess again! I guess I will just have to get used to working surrounded by untidy piles of fabric and miscellaneous items scattered about. At least I'm working! Wait...making quilts isn't work...it's pure pleasure!

1 comment:

carolscrapquilter said...

I'm doing so much better now!