Thursday, April 16, 2009

How I Met the Patience Quilters

I have been interested in quilting well, forever. One day I saw a notice in the paper that the Patience Quilt Guild met the second Tuesday of each month at the Methodist Church. I decided then and there that I would attend a meeting. Since it was 45 miles from my home, my overprotective husband insisted on driving me there (more about him in a later post). He said he would go to Lowe's (typical man) while I was at the meeting. As he dropped me off at the entrance, he asked, "Are you SURE you want to do this?" (like I was having liposuction, breast reduction, or some other elective surgery with the likelihood of serious side effects!) I said I would be OK...what could possibly happen to me with a bunch of ladies at the Methodist Church????? I'll tell you what happened...I have made new friends, improved my quilting skills, became involved in community service projects, and learned how to play "strip poker."

No comments: